2015 banner

Weekend Conference Presentation
Midday Keynote - June 13th
Artful Leadership - Breaking the Mold

Presented by Jon Bergstrom

Abstract: I believe all of us want to work with capable and respectful people in an environment of challenging assignments and opportunities for personal growth. Today, I will explore key roles that you should expect from your leaders to achieve this, and challenge you to think about how you can provide this kind of leadership in your organization whether or not you have position power.

I see these roles as key to establishing what I call “artful leadership” and are needed to create an environment that leads to both short and long term success. My views require new thinking about behaviors needed for effectiveness and satisfaction in working with each other. In order to “break the mold” on old habits we will practice some new ways to work with each other.

I will review thoughts about why we need leadership in our organizations -  including yours. I will also show examples of how complex the environment can become and how we can use our personal power to make a difference. Finally, I will engage you to think for yourself about these ideas and consider how they might be useful in your work environment.

As a keynote speaker, Jon's presentation was "translated" into a 4ft by 15ft mural by our graphic recorder, Greg Whicker. Click on image for an expanded view.

Jon Bergstrom

Jon Bergstrom

Biography: Jon provides a wide range of business consulting services through the Bergstrom Learning Center in Tehachapi, California. Prior to his recent retirement, he worked for Shell Oil Company and Aera Energy LLC for 35 years. He was a formal leader for more than 20 years.

He currently coaches leaders and facilitates a variety of organizational workshops. He also provides consultation on many organizational issues. He has been a member of the In2:InThinking Network's Forum planning team for 13 years.

He provided team skills workshops for more than 1400 students at International Space University in Strasbourg, France and at locations around the world during a ten year period. He visited more than 25 countries during these assignments.

He is writing a book on “Artful Leadership.” He also continues his artwork and is currently focused on reproductions of works by Vincent van Gogh.

Contact: Jon can be reached by e-mail at jonbergstrom@sbcglobal.net for additional information about this Weekend Conference session.

www.websweare.com/bergstrom

Linkedin: www.linkedin.com/pub/jon-bergstrom/5/292/13a

Return to 2015 Forum Home Page