2014 banner

Weekend Conference Presentation
Morning Parallel Track - June 21
Deming's System of Profound Knowledge in a Project Management Context
Presented by Don McAlister

Presentation Slides

Abstract:
In my view, the traditional "Body of Knowledge" approach to the training and development of Project Managers, although strong on process mechanics and tools, does not provide adequate context for the assimilation and effective application of the knowledge. I believe that Deming's System of Profound Knowledge (SoPK) can assist in providing that context. In this presentation I will map the elements of SoPK to traditional Project Management thinking and also explore a few useful non-traditional ideas about Project Management that emerge from that activity."

Don McAlister

Biography: Don is the owner of McAlister Consulting in Moorpark, California, providing aerospace technical and project management advisory services to private industry and US Government clients. He retired from Pratt & Whitney Rocketdyne in 2011, after 40 years working on the Engineering Design and Development, and Management of many liquid rocket engine Projects. Throughout his career, Don has also had an abiding interest in critical thinking and knowledge management processes and how they are used in our businesses and personal lives. Don and his wife Christine live in Moorpark CA. They have two grown children, and are the proud grandparents of 3 grandchildren. In addition to enjoying his family and consulting, Don is an active member of the Rotary Club of Moorpark, the President of the non-profit Simi Valley Jazz Club, an amateur jazz keyboard player, and writes an Internet blog at www.donmcalister.com. "

Contact: Don can be reached by e-mail at dsm5176@roadrunner.com for additional information about this Weekend Conference session.

Website (including blog):
www.donmcalister.com

Linkedin: www.linkedin.com/pub/don-mcalister/4/902/510

Return to 2014 Forum Home Page