2014 banner

Weekend Conference Presentation
Opening Keynote - June 20
Breakthrough Inquiry
Presented by Bill Scherkenbach

Presentation Slides

Abstract: As Yogi Berra once said, “The future ain’t what it used to be.” It used to take generations for even one major change to occur. Now, many changes occur within just one life-time.  The challenge is how to engage a group of people in this rapidly increasing tempo of change.  Dr. Deming often said “Survival is not mandatory.”  Change is often asymmetrical.  The world changes and you must change or become obsolete.  In this keynote, I will share a methodology I have developed that helps individuals change for the better and gives you the insight to help others improve as well: better questions, better skills, better spirit.

Aim: To Learn, Have Fun, and Make a Difference

Bill Scherkenbach

Biography: Executive career in operations and quality management spans world-class enterprises, multinational high-technology organizations and entrepreneurial ventures, with consistent success in improving quality while reducing cost.  Dell, Lexmark, Tokai Rika, Samsung, Liteon Technologies, Austin Energy, Ford, GM, US Departments of Defense and Energy are a few of the organizations that have benefited from his technical and transformational leadership.  Extensive European and Pacific Rim (China, Taiwan (Ex-Pat), Singapore, India, Malaysia, Korea, and Japan) supply chain experience.

• Deming Medal
  • Engineering Society Gold Medal
  • ASA Fellow
  • ASQ Board of Directors (past); ASQ Automotive Division Chairman (past)
  • American Insurance Congress Board of Directors (past)
  • Author of 3 books on improvement of Quality in addition to the new Second Edition of  “The Deming Route to Quality and Productivity”
  • Accompanied Deming on over 1000 occasions as he helped clients all over the world.

"He was my student, and there's none better in the world... It takes a little ingredient called profound knowledge, and he's got it."
            W. Edwards Deming

Contact: Bill can be reached by e-mail at bill@scherkenbach.com for additional information about this Weekend Conference session.

www.scherkenbach.com

Linkedin: www.linkedin.com/pub/william-scherkenbach/2/27a/842

Return to 2014 Forum Home Page